Monday April 3rd is our monthly business meeting, after the meeting we will be working on the display.
Please bring your cities or/and your personal square to work on. This could also be an opportunity to discuss your project and ask for advice from the other members if needed.
I hope to see you all on Monday
Have a wonderful week end
Monday April 10th will be the start of a new multi week project, you will need the following:
- 4 / 5 oz leather for outside (13 ½” x 8 ½”)
- 4 /5 oz leather for pockets (8 ½” x 6” and 6” x 4 ½”)
- 4 ½” x 7” exotic leather (I’m going to be using the gator embossed veg tan but you could use hair-on cowhide or anything big enough)
- Two 8 ¾” x 5 ½” bag stiffener pieces
- 1 ½” oz lining leather (14” x 9 ½” – I’m going to be using suede rather than pigskin)
- Waxed thread
- Contact cement
- Leather dye and/or stain
- Super sheen (or other finish)
- Camouflage or border tool
- Swivel knife
- Utility knife
- X-acto knife
- Harness needle
- Lacing needle(s)
- Wing dividers
- Scratch awl
- Multi- and single-pronged diamond stitching chisels
- Multi- and single-pronged lacing chisel (same size as the lace you’re using)
- #0 hole punch
- Cutting board
- Mallet or maul
- Wool daubers
Here’s Tandy’s list of tools and materials: https://www.
tandyleather.com/en/ leathercraft-projects/exotic- inlay-notebook-cover.